Table of Contents
I’ve spent the majority of my career working in cybersecurity, focused on fraud prevention and network security. One of the things that I find most fascinating is that the industry is in constant motion. Every day is a new adventure as organizations try to keep pace with the ever-evolving threat landscape.
Cybersecurity Affects Everybody
If there’s something I’ve learned in my experience, it’s that nobody’s network is safe from adversaries. I’ve seen network attacks affect some of the largest companies and some of the smallest, regardless of the industry. These incidents can be devastating and difficult to recover from. What’s concerning is that the majority of these organizations had some kind of a cybersecurity solution in place, but somehow it wasn’t enough.
There are a few reasons for this:
- Cybersecurity solutions work in silos, many times there is no communication or orchestration capability.
- Attackers are leveraging new attack methods and organizations are struggling to keep up.
- Threats are in constant motion and many cybersecurity solutions are reactive, only alerting and reporting after the damage has been done.
The Lumu Story
When I heard the Lumu story, it really resonated with me. Investments in cybersecurity are at an all-time high, yet organizations are still struggling to protect themselves. It’s true that there is no silver bullet when securing your network, but there has to be a better way to do it, and now there is!
Continuous Compromise Assessment—a New Approach to Cybersecurity
I truly believe that Continuous Compromise Assessment™ is revolutionizing how organizations protect themselves and react to malicious network activity. In learning about the Lumu team’s approach, there are a few key features that I believe make the biggest impact when managing cyber-defenses:
- Lumu provides continuous, unparalleled visibility into the network with contextual data to help organizations understand exactly what is going on.
- It helps companies make the most of their existing cybersecurity investments by providing insights into how and if they are working properly.
- It can be easily integrated into existing solutions and orchestration workflows for maximum efficiency.
- Continuous Compromise Assessment is easy to implement, use, and manage.
The Lumu team is addressing a significant need in the industry. I am thrilled to begin sharing the Lumu story with companies of all sizes so that everyone may begin to operate cybersecurity proficiently.