The Senior Backend Developer at Lumu Technologies is responsible for participating in the whole cycle of product development, from ideation to deployment and beyond. A SBD blends deep technical knowledge, experience building scalable web services and data analytics solutions to build better, more efficient systems while creating better end-user experiences. The ideal person for this role is a problem-solver with an inquisitive and innovative mind, and loves to collaborate with other teams to drive the company forward.
In addition to that, given its seniority, the SBD is responsible for understanding and articulating the company culture, as well as participating in hiring processes and potentially providing mentoring to other members of the team.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant services.
- Specify and implement APIs and other I/O interfaces for data queuing, database storage, and application-to-application data exchange.
- Research and evaluate new technologies to be used as enhancements or upgrades to existing server clusters, computing applications and other IT infrastructure components.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Write and test code to ensure compatibility and stability: refine and rewrite as necessary.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code and libraries for future use.
- Effectively unit test and perform integration testing on software components.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
Required Skills and Experience
- 4+ years building scalable web applications / web services using Scala, Java or Python.
Outstanding candidates with less experience will also be considered.
- Experience using frameworks such as Play, Akka, Lagom, Spring Boot or Flask.
- Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests.
- Experience building RESTful APIs.
- Proficiency with APIs / microservices architecture.
- Understanding of large scale distributed systems architecture and applications is a must.
- Advanced knowledge of design patterns, refactoring, and performance.
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Proficiency with non-relational databases such as MongoDB or Cassandra.
- Experience working with streaming platforms such as Kafka, Spark Streaming, Flink or similar is a plus.
- Good understanding of various DevOps tools.
- Good understanding of various cloud technologies.
- The ideal candidate should have a clear understanding of cyber-attacks and passion to build software that identifies, stop and prevent those attacks.
Apply by sending your resume to: email@example.com.