A Business Development Manager (BDM) at Lumu Technologies is a creative, resilient, proactive sales leader who is committed to the exponential growth of the organization and who firmly believes that cybersecurity can be operated proficiently. The following is a summary description of the tasks and responsibilities associated with this quota-carrying role:
- Create and foster genuinely outstanding relationships with customers while effectively communicating the ongoing value of the Lumu Continuous Compromise Assessment offering with the primary objective of converting an active free customer to a paying client.
- Mix, balance, and creatively call upon your powerful value-centric sales techniques from both traditional and product-led growth strategies to win over prospects.
- Map the full potential of your designated territory, craft your strategy, and execute the strategic plan while ensuring maximum ROI for Lumu.
- Serve as a calm, steady, and leading face for the company at various levels including webinars, podcasts, interviews, conferences, media engagements, etc.
- Regularly share and forecast results and lessons learned with your fellow team members.
- Build and influence strong synergistic partnerships with resellers and alliances to ensure the go-to-market strategy alignment.
- Master the Lumu experience, where the product serves as your playground.
- Recruit and meet with new prospects at specific stages of the customer journey.
- Confidently welcome and onboard new customers and effectively convey evidence-based value to secure client upgrades.
- Manage and prioritize your time and energy on your identified key focal accounts and partnerships to ensure you surpass your quota.
- Position yourself as an invaluable trusted cybersecurity consultant and strategist for clients within your territory.
- Develop creative conversion playbooks and tactics to shorten the sales cycle and convert customers to Lumu’s paid tier.
- Nurture product qualified leads (PQL).
Required Skills and Experience
- Three (3) years as a top performer in cybersecurity technology presales, sales, or combination thereof with deep-rooted technical knowledge.
- Robust understanding of IT infrastructure (servers, communication equipment, storage) and how it relates to cybersecurity.
- Fundamental knowledge of active network components and their applications including switches, routers, and network topology design.
- Network protection systems such as firewall, IDS / IPS, and antivirus.
- MS Office, Google Suite, remote meetings proficiency.
- Computer and cybersecurity operations understanding including content filtering, antispam, SIEMs, EDR, and NDR solutions.
- Cloud security systems and traditional tools utilized in the cloud.
- 100% result-focused, combined with creative and systemic thinking.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a very fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Proactive with demonstrated ability to make decisions, ability to problem-solve, and be self-motivated.
- Ability to learn independently and adapt in a dynamic and changing business.
- Passion for technology, being a change agent, and for doing/being part of amazing things.
Apply by sending your resume to: email@example.com.