A DevOps Engineer (DE) at Lumu Technologies is involved in all the processes of getting from code to production, reducing the time between a change and bringing it to production, while ensuring high service levels, quality and cost-effectiveness.
The DE is a consummate problem solver with considerable technical background and the ability to deep dive when necessary. She/He has a passion for excellence, a devotion to automation, an eye for efficiency and a strong customer focus.
- Enables the automation of configuration management of all development, quality assurance, and production servers as well as the automation of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Designs scaling strategies and developing automation scripts and solutions for the purpose of streamlining, implementing, testing and deploying the software.
- Implements monitoring solutions that identify both system bottlenecks and production issues.
- Optimizes existing security controls to reach better security, performance & monitoring.
- Is an active part of the development/testing team to take any piece of software through a CI/CD process that ensures the code can be built, tested, and deployed with minimal to no disruption to the production environment.
- Works closely with the testing team to perform infrastructure capacity planning and systematic testing of our setup (i.e. stress testing.)
- Responds to and assists in production operations in a 24/7 environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- 1+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role. Outstanding candidates with less experience and a mixed experience in SysAdmin and Development roles will also be considered.
- Solid programming skills, preferably in one or more commonly used scripting languages such as Python, Bash, or Perl. Ability to dive into the code during triage or while trying to understand behavior is a must. Familiarity with C/C++, Python, Java, and Scala environments is desirable.
- Proven experience performing Linux systems administration. Familiarity with both RHEL and Debian family distros is preferred.
- Strong skill with ad-hoc scripting is a plus.
- Understanding of core services like DNS, DHCP, LDAP, logging, etc.
- A strong understanding of networking basics is a must. Switching/routing, VPNs, load balancing, proxying, network virtualization, firewall basics (especially iptables) and general netsec best practices.
- Proven experience with the main cloud providers is a must. AWS (preferred), GCP, Azure.
- Experience with Docker is a must, Ansible and Kubernetes are a big plus.
- Experience configuring build tools, CI/CD pipeline is a must.
- Proficiency in handling administration of relational and non-relational databases. Experience with PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Cassandra is highly appreciated.
- Experience provisioning virtual systems programmatically is required.
- Good understanding of version control tools – strong git knowledge is required.
- English proficiency both written and spoken is required.
- The ideal candidate should have a clear understanding of cyber-attacks and passion to build software that identifies, stops and prevents those attacks.
Apply by sending your resume to: email@example.com.