- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Write and test code to ensure compatibility and stability: refine and rewrite as necessary.
- Optimizing solutions for performance and scalability.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- “Pixel-perfect” implementation of our approved user interface.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code and libraries for future use.
- Effectively unit test and perform integration testing on software components.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Work with our data team to make our product smarter and more intuitive to use.
Required Skills and Experience
Outstanding candidates with less experience will also be considered.
- Experience building RESTful APIs.
- Proficiency with APIs / microservices architecture.
- Advanced knowledge of design patterns, refactoring, and performance.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common Ruby libraries is expected.
- Experience building microservices using functional programming in scala is a big plus.
- Proficiency writing Python scripts or services is appreciated.
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Proficiency with non-relational databases such as MongoDB or Cassandra.
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors, bundlers, and associated languages/syntaxes/libraries. E.g., Sass, Less, and webpack.
- Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests.
- Solid understanding of domain driven design, microservices, event sourcing, containerization, and orchestration is a plus.
- The ideal candidate should have a clear understanding of cyber-attacks and passion to build software that identifies, stop and prevent those attacks.
Apply by sending your resume to: [email protected].